Dear first-year students, welcome to the faculty of Process and Systems Engineering at the Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg. Like every year, we welcome numerous new students who have decided to begin their studies with us. We are glad that you are here and we would like to support you with the commencement of your studies to the best of our abilities.
The Otto von Guericke University website provides you with all kinds of information on beginning of your studies.
To help you get started, the faculties of the University offer a supporting program in the first week before the start of the study. The introduction days take place in the first week of the new semester.
Lectures and seminars
The beginning of the lectures in the winter semester 2018 on 08 October 2018 .
Please note the following: The schedules can be viewed via the LSF portal. Furthermore, concerning lectures and seminars, it may be necessary to independently acquire the schedules.
A university account is your student user identification. It allows you access to the HISQIS student portal, to the Moodle e-learning platform, and to the services provided by the University Computer Center.
Faculty Related Information
- Important: register with the Examination Office (G10-101) no later than the end of the first week of October
- Registration for the bachelor’s studies form is to be completed, signed, and turned in to the Examination Office or dropped in the Examination Office mail box by the end of November. If the registration is not available, the following examination period will be blocked.
- Please submit internship reports for completed pre-internships in November for organizational reasons.
- Important for BAföG recipients: after the 4th semester, the acquisition of 104 CPs must be demonstrated to receive approval. This only includes achievements from the first four semesters.
- Important: Study documents and information of the individual degree programs can be viewed on the website outlining the degree programs, here.